Buying a Disposable Vape in Australia? Read This Guide First!
Whether you’re new to vaping in Australia or a seasoned pro, choosing the ideal brand and flavour can be challenging. There are so many manufacturers, and each has its line of “best-tasting” disposable vapes.
The competition for sales in the vaping industry is fierce. But the good news is that this works in your favour. Everyone wants to be the top brand, so they always use better technology to improve your vaping experience.
The question is, how do you know which disposable vape really is the best? This guide will help as you learn the ropes and make your selections.
The Features of a Disposable Vape
E-cigarettes have been around since 2003, but they’ve come a long way in those two decades. The original electronic cigarette design began as a way to replace tobacco cigarettes. These devices delivered without the dangerous chemicals that make cigarettes so deadly.
Powered by a lithium battery and flavoured with e-juice and disposable e-cigarettes — vapes — use an atomiser and coil to heat the liquid. When this juice reaches the right temperature, it turns into vapour, which the user inhales for the taste.
Brands set themselves apart from each other by offering disposable vapes in unique flavours that taste like fruits, desserts, drinks, and other delicious options.
What Makes Disposable Vapes Popular
The thing about vaping is that you are in control of your overall experience. You can choose whether you want the ease of tossing your e-cig when it’s empty or prefer the conventional method of refilling your device.
There are definite advantages to a conventional vape. You can control your e-juice on demand; once you buy the rig, it lasts for years. However, these gadgets can be time-consuming to assemble, you have to wait for the battery to charge, and it’s challenging to travel with them or smoke in public.
Enter the innovative disposable vape. Designed to give the user all the enjoyment of a regular vape but without the downsides, disposables come pre-charged and pre-filled with just the right amount of juice for the battery size.
They’re simple to operate because all you do is inhale on the mouthpiece. When the e-juice is empty, you dispose of the device and start a new one. Recycling e-cigarettes help take away from the stigma of “throwing out” electronics, as many of the inner parts can be used again in other ways.
The Top 5 Vapes Trending in Australia
So when you decide to master the world of disposable e-cigarettes, the only decision you have to make is which one to try. Luckily, they’re inexpensive enough that you can decide by trial and error, but we’ve narrowed down the top brands here to guide you.
- iGet Bar – You’ll find the iGet brand on the top vape lists around the world. This manufacturer has made a name for itself for versatility in flavours and excellent design concepts. The iGet Bar line promises and delivers 3500 puffs with 5% strength. With 25 tastes to choose from, a smooth and subtle hit, and an ergonomically-friendly mouthpiece, you’re sure to enjoy your vape experience.
- iGet Legend – Is 3500 puffs not enough for you? Check out iGet Legend’s 4000+ puff device. Priced similarly to the iGet Bar, the Legend boasts the largest tank size of the iGet line. The durable battery will last you the length of your e-juice, and the strength of 5% is sure to hit the spot. Its design is sleek and portable but not quite as ergonomic as the Bar, and you don’t get as many flavours to choose from. Still, the advanced technology, including a cutting-edge mesh coil, provide users with a soft, subtle taste and hit.
- iGet King – Slightly more affordable than the Bar and Legend, the King offers users up to 2600 puffs in its 8mL tank. The see-through case makes it easy to monitor your e-juice levels, and the flat-curved mouthpiece is much more comfortable than the average disposable vape device. The sleek, slim build is easy to store in your pocket and travel with. If you’re looking for a higher content than most vapes, this is the one for you. But if you’re new to vaping, it may be a little too strong to start out with enjoyably.
- iGet XXL 1800 – The budget-friendly vape of the iGet brand is the XXL, but in this case, you don’t have to sacrifice quality to keep your wallet happy. The XXL gives users 1800 puffs, which will keep you swapping your vapes and trading out flavours, so you’ll never be bored. A 5% content satisfies your craving, while the smooth, delicate throat makes for an experience to remember. The XXL is ideal for beginners and those who love to experiment with new tastes, and with the largest variety of options in the iGet line, you’ll be exploring flavours for a long time!
- Gunnpod 2000 – Moving on from the iGet line is the runner-up top-seller in Australia, Gunnpod. The Gunnpod 2000 is known for being tiny but mighty, delivering a strong, solid throat hit in its compact style. Savour 2000 puffs of 29 unique tastes with this affordable, lightweight, disposable vape. The lower level makes this ideal for new vapers and those trying to quit the habit.
Know Before You Buy
A word of caution about using a disposable vape. Sure, they’re easy to operate. Inhale, absorb the vapour, and exhale. But there are a few things you should never do with an e-cigarette, such as:
- Don’t leave it anywhere exposed to extreme temperatures, like a hot car or your fridge. The temps play havoc with the battery and juice, and too much heat can cause the battery to explode and start a fire.
- Don’t refill the juice. There are DIY ways to get the job done online, but disposable vapes are meant to be thrown away. The parts are too sensitive to handle being broken down and put back together.
- Never leave your vapes around where your pets or children can get to them. Even if you think Fido or your little angel wouldn’t chew it, we all get curious occasionally. If your pet eats the vape device or the juice, they can get seriously sick.
- Don’t cover the airflow holes when you’re vaping. This isn’t dangerous, but it can cause your device to leak, and you’ll lose that delicious juice.
- Do recycle. One of the biggest arguments against disposable vapes isn’t about your health. It’s about the health of the planet, and if you recycle in a lithium-ion-friendly bin, you’re doing your part to help the environment and improve the reputation of vaping.
Our Final Tip: Buy From a Reputable Shop
So you’re ready to start shopping for your next disposable vape, and you’ve taken all our tips and suggestions to heart. Our final, and possibly the most important, bit of advice is to buy from a reputable reseller.
You’ll see plenty of options available, especially when you’re shopping online. But it’s easy to swap out a brand-name label for a generic, ineffective product. Sure, it’s cheaper, but those are also the vapes that explode and cause those headline-making health issues you read about.
Stick with the top vape stores that ship to Australia, like OzGunnPod. These licensed resellers have freshly stocked, high-quality products ready to ship to you quickly. When your vapes haven’t been sitting on the shelf for long periods, they’re tastier and give you the best hit, no matter which product you choose!